Total has approved a €1 billion modernization project for its Antwerp production facilities, Total’s largest European refining and petrochemical platform.
New order over 200 million EUR from Saudi Electricity Company.
KBR announced it was awarded a contract by Pacific NorthWest LNG Ltd. and Japan Petroleum Exploration Co., LTD.
SGS was awarded a contract to conduct on and off-site inspection and testing on heat exchangers at the Refap refinery in Brazil by UTC.
Statoil has signed a farm-in agreement with BP, acquiring a 30% equity share in four exploration licences offshore South Australia.
In April 2013, SGS was awarded a contract to provide independent inspection, testing, commissioning and certification services during construction of a polyethylene (PE) pipeline in Surat, India.
- Field located in water depths of more than 7,000 feet.
- Initial development phase designed for daily oil production of 34,000 barrels.
- Startup scheduled for 2016.
BP announced that it has agreed to sell its 60% interest in the Polvo oil field in Brazil to HRT Oil & Gas Ltda for $135m in cash.
The Norwegian government announced a proposal to reduce the uplift in the petroleum tax system from 7.5 per cent to 5.5 per cent.
Siemens Energy has been awarded an order for three of its model SGT-500 gas turbines, marking the first deliveries of such units to Nigeria.
- Initial phase to produce 110,000 barrels per day; expansion project to double production capacity by late 2015
- Long-term production will access 4.6 billion barrels of resource over 40 years
- First oil sands mining...
Total announces that the Ivoire-1X exploration well encountered 28 meters of net oil pay in a series of about 100 meters of Cretaceous reservoirs.
Statoil and partner Petoro have proven considerable additional resources in the Shetland Group/Lista Formation in the Gullfaks licence.
Chevron Corporation announced further drilling success by its Australian subsidiary in the Exmouth Plateau area, located in the Carnarvon Basin.
Siemens Gas Turbine Technologies and Open Joint Stock Company OGK-2 announced a long-term service contract for the largest combined cycle power plant in Russia.
- Production of a new field in the North Sea started
- Total project investments exceeds € 496 million
- E.ON is the operator of the oil field, owning a 25 percent interest in the license
Veolia Environnement and Total Inaugurate Osilub Recycling Plant in Normandy (France) that Regenerates Used Oil as High-End Engine Oil
- €55 million invested, of which 35% for local contractors;
- 45 direct jobs created, 120 during construction;
- Processing capacity of 120,000 metric tons of oil a year, or nearly 50% of the volume of used oil generated in...
KBR and Yokogawa Electric Corporation announced the formation of a new alliance in which KBR will supply a fertilizer automation package as part of its ammonia process technology solutions to customers worldwide.
- Linde to supply air separation units and synthesis gas purification plants
- Significant boost to Jamnagar as a refining and petrochemical hub
Exxon Mobil Corporation announced that its Liberian affiliate has acquired from Canadian Overseas Petroleum (Bermuda) Ltd. (COPL) 80 percent interest in Liberia Block 13 (LB-13), comprising more than 625,000 acres (2,500 square...
In 2012 Statoil increased oil sands production by more than 60% and reduced CO2 intensity by almost 24%. These results are published in the Statoil 2012 Oil Sands Report.
BP and its co-venturers Shell, ConocoPhillips and Chevron announced today their decision to proceed with a two-year appraisal programme to look at the possibility of developing a third phase of the giant Clair field, west of the...
KBR Wins Fabrication Award for First Canadian Oil Sands Carbon Capture and Storage Project in Alberta, Canada
KBR announced that Shell Canada Energy has selected KBR to perform off-site modularization and pipe fabrication at their Edmonton Module Facility.
Coronado prospect adds to Chevron’s deepwater portfolio in prolific Lower Tertiary Trend.
Well Encounters More Than 1,000 Net Feet of Oil Pay.